Job Opportunity – Data Protection Apprentice
Job Title: Data Protection Apprentice
Job Purpose: To provide support to our consulting team whilst developing an understanding of data protection law and practice.
Reporting to: Support Desk Manager
What does the job involve?
Handling support tickets
• Logging, support tickets raised through email, web forms and telephone.
• Reviewing support tickets as required and summarising the work required to complete support requests.
• Undertaking research and/or other tasks as required to assist in the investigation of support requests.
• Summarising research findings and applying them to support requests.
• Preparing responses to support requests as required.
• Reviewing, critically analysing and marking up/commenting on responses prepared by others.
Support desk admin
• Assisting with the administration on the Support desk including for example:
• Generating usage reports,
• Setting up jobs,
• Updating job/task white boards;
• Reviewing resource library, managing content, producing templates when required
• Booking meetings, controlling diaries, taking messages etc.
• Maintenance of the support desk knowledge base and resources library
• Supporting consultants with specific projects and tasks including for example:
• Checking and writing policies and procedures
• Reviewing subject access request information
• Checking contractual agreements
• Reviewing and writing privacy information
• Creating audit checklists and supporting compliance checking
• Preparing records of processing activities
• Writing reports
• Preparing training slides
• Any other reasonable duties required from time to time to assist in the development of the business and the support desk.
• Continued professional development such as writing blogs and articles, and public speaking.