Join us on the 19th of August for a discussion on data protection in the financial sector. Our amazing host Oliver Rear will be joined by Jason Ellis who is a long-time contributor and a well know data protection officer from Azets.
During this discussion we will cover the following:
• Complex Relationships and making the determination:
• Within a group:
• Which entities are controllers in a complex ownership structure involving hundreds of legal entities?
• Which of them employ staff?
• Which of them are just “holding companies?
• What about Licensed Insolvency Practitioners?
• The challenge of remaining compliant when Merger and Acquisition is a constant norm, not just once in a lifetime.
• With customers:
• Controller or processor when delivering services – with particular focus on payroll bureau services.
• Controller or processor, qualified accountant or bookkeeper, where is the boundary?
• As a segue to talking about contracts, within the context of complex relationships:
• EU representatives and UK representatives.
• Depending on time we might also talk about the below but we might struggle to fit them in:
• Outsourcing, offshoring and nearshoring. The challenge when the supplier is in a “third country”
• Employees wishing to work permanently from home, but in a foreign country, possibly a “third country”
• Issues with “domestic” contracts (or at least contracts where internationalisation is not an issue:
• How to align Letters of Engagement, Data Processing Agreements and Data Sharing Agreements without causing contradictions.
• How to write appropriate contracts for software distribution and licensing when a group company owns the software IP but is used by thousands of clients and employees of the business.
• Moving between domestic and international:
• Intra-group data sharing agreement and SCCs, particularly when one entity is in the UK and the remainder are in the EU.
• International contracts:
• Impact of Brexit on contractual definitions in cross-border contracts.
• To close the loop we can go from the complexity of the above to the overall challenge of managing processors:
• How to keep the Register of Processors up to date when new processors are added almost daily. The importance of thorough vendor due diligence.
19th August 2022
12:30PM - 13:30PM
Sign up and join our community of over 950 Data Protection Practitioners, we have subscribers from every sector and in every job role that is responsible for Data Protection, from DPO's in the NHS to headteachers at schools.
Our community is designed to bring people together and support each other with challenges and changes in the world of Data Protection. Data Protection People's mission is to make Data Protection easy, that's easy to understand and easy to do! No matter what project you are working on or what kind of challenge you are currently facing, someone within our community will have experience handling and overcoming it.
Our community is completely free to join and anyone is welcome to get involved. If you would like to sign up and join our community you can get in touch with one of the team or fill out your details on the right.
"*" indicates required fields