Job Opportunity: Data Protection Consultant
Salary Range: £45K+ (depending on experience)
Location: Leeds (hybrid working style)
Data Protection People is a leading provider of expert Data Protection advice and services to a range of clients across various sectors. We are currently seeking a Data Protection Consultant with at least 2 years of experience as a Data Protection Officer (DPO) to join our team in Leeds.
The successful candidate will act as an outsourced DPOfor our clients, providing expert advice and support on all Data Protection matters. You will be highly organised, have excellent communication skills, and have strong attention to detail. You will be able to work independently whilst also being a team player and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Acting as an outsourced DPO for our clients, providing expert advice and support on all Data Protection matters
- Conducting Data Protection impact assessments (DPIAs) and advising clients on their obligations under Data Protection laws and regulations
- Developing and implementing Data Protection policies, procedures, and controls
- Providing ongoing training and support to clients on Data Protection matters
- Conducting internal audits to ensure compliance with Data Protection laws and regulations
- Liaising with regulatory bodies such as the ICO on behalf of clients
- Assisting clients with Subject Access Requests (SARs) and other Data Protection related requests
- Keeping up-to-date with changes in Data Protection laws and regulations
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 2 years of experience as a Data Protection Officer (DPO) or similar role
- Strong knowledge of Data Protection laws and regulations, including GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work effectively under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- A proactive approach to problem-solving and the ability to adapt to change
- The ability to work independently whilst also being a team player
We are willing to pay a competitive salary package of £45K+ (depending on experience) for the right candidate. We also offer a supportive and exciting working environment, with a flexible working policy, and the successful candidate will only be required to be in the office one day a week. We also offer free parking, free tea and coffee, and a flexible hour for lunch every day.
If you feel underqualified for this role but are still interested in our organisation, you can consider the Data Protection Support Desk Executive role instead. This role requires less experience and has the option for an apprenticeship in Data Protection Management.
At Data Protection People, we value our employees and encourage our staff to pursue areas of interest and provide all necessary training and support to help them reach their potential. If you are a highly experienced and motivated Data Protection Consultant with a passion for providing expert advice and support, we would love to hear from you. Please apply with your CV and a covering letter outlining your relevant experience and why you think you would be a great fit for this role.