In-House Data Protection Officer
Data Protection People Limited (DPP) is one of the UK’s leading data protection and information security consulting practices. We provide a range of assurance and assessment services in the fields of privacy and data protection law and cyber security, helping people to benchmark themselves against standards such as PCI DSS, ISO27001, and the NIST framework and laws such as the GDPR. We have been a QSA Company for the PCI DSS since 2018. Our head office is in Leeds and we have customers all over the UK and some overseas in a range of sectors. You will be joining a team of around 35 people who are passionate about delivering our mission to make data protection and cyber security easy to understand and easy to do.
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced Data Protection Officer (DPO) to join our team. As a DPO, you will play a critical role in ensuring that our organization is compliant with data protection laws and regulations, and that our customers’ data is secure and protected.
- Act as the primary point of contact for data protection related queries and concerns, both internally and externally
- Develop and implement data protection policies and procedures, including data breach response plans
- Provide guidance and training to employees on data protection regulations and best practices
- Conduct regular risk assessments and audits to identify and mitigate potential data protection risks
- Act as a liaison with regulatory authorities and assist in the preparation and submission of any required reports or documentation
- Review and evaluate the effectiveness of current data protection measures and make recommendations for improvement
- Keep abreast of new and emerging data protection laws, regulations, and best practices
- You have a passion for data protection and a deep understanding of the UK GDPR and Data Protection Act 2018.
- You have experience in managing subject access requests (SARs), including the applicability of redactions and exemptions.
- You have experience in managing a team, and you enjoy mentoring and guiding team members to reach their full potential.
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills, and you are able to effectively explain complex data protection concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- You are a self-starter who is able to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
- You have a track record of staying current with emerging trends and best practices in data protection and cyber security.
Compensation & Remuneration:
- Highly competitive salary set according to experience.
- Pension scheme
- 23 days annual leave with accrual 1 day a year till the length of service accrual
- Flexible working environment
- Hybrid working
- Free Parking at our Leeds office
- On-going investment in your training and development
- Employee social events
If you are a data protection enthusiast who is looking to take the next step in your career, this is an opportunity you do not want to miss. Join our team of experts and work with some of the best in the industry, while making data protection and cyber security easy to understand and easy to do. Apply now and let’s make a difference together!
Send your CV to [email protected] and use the reference #IHC22