Information Rights Manager
We are looking for an experienced Information Rights Manager to join our team at Data Protection People Limited (DPP), a leading UK data protection and information security consulting firm. As Information Rights Manager, you will manage our Subject Access Request (SAR) team, provide guidance on redactions and exemptions, and ensure that our process is effective and delivers high-quality work to our clients.
To be successful in this role, you should have a strong understanding of the UK’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Data Protection Act 2018, as well as practical experience managing SARs and applying redactions and exemptions. You should also be comfortable managing a team and ensuring that everyone is working efficiently and to the required standard.
In return, we offer a competitive salary, pension scheme, flexible working (including remote options), ongoing training and development, and employee social events. This is a permanent, 37.5-hour-per-week position based in Leeds.
As Information Rights Manager, your key responsibilities will include:
- Supporting marketing and sales efforts to generate interest and business in our outsourced SAR service
- Engaging with clients to determine and document their SAR needs and scope of work
- Briefing all team members on their roles, responsibilities, and client expectations
- Managing resources, including people, equipment, and tools, to ensure the efficient running of the SAR Bureau
- Providing training to team members to enhance their skills and understanding of data protection law
- Undertaking quality assurance work on the SAR Bureau’s output
- Contributing to the development of DPP and its services
- Implementing Freedom of Information (FOI) services for clients
If you are passionate about information rights and have a flare for SARs, we encourage you to apply. Please note that you must have a good level of understanding and knowledge of the UK GDPR and Data Protection Act 2018, as well as practical experience managing SARs and applying redactions/exemptions.