Support Service Manager: Job Opportunity
We are seeking to appoint a Support Service Manager to join us here at Data Protection People. DPP are one of the UK’s leading Data Protection Consultancies with hundreds of clients in a wide range of sectors, if you are looking for a role where you can have exposure to a variety of different industries and no day is the same, then this could be the opportunity for you.
Ranging from £28,000 to £50,000
23 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays + Free Parking + Hybrid Working
Full-time contract – 37hrs – Monday to Friday
Hybrid environment: Work between home and our head office just outside of Leeds City Centre. (a fully remote option may be available for the right candidate)
Who will you be working for?
You will be joining our operations team which has some of the brightest individuals in our industry, our team often works collaboratively sharing ideas and solutions and supporting one another. You will report directly to Kathy Midgley who is the general manager here at Data Protection People.
Managing the SAR services:
- To work with prospective clients to discuss their needs and how DPP might be able to assist them as necessary.
- To engage with clients to determine and document precisely their needs and the scope of works they have commissioned DPP to undertake.
- To ensure that all those engaged to work on a client brief (including suppliers and sub-contractors) are sufficiently aware of their roles and responsibilities, the client and DPP’s expectations, timeframes, work methods and processes etc.
- To arrange appropriate and sufficient resources including people, equipment, tools and platforms to ensure the efficient, effective, and scalable running of the SAR Bureau.
Managing the Support Desk service:
- Ensure that all mechanisms for raising support tickets are working as planned and raise any concerns or issues with management as well as areas for improvement.
- Ensure that all inbound support tickets are acknowledged and responded to within the DPP SLA time-frames.
- Ensure that all support tickets are triaged and assigned to an appropriate case worker and that the support workers are briefed on how to handle a support ticket.
- Ensure that the Case system is maintained accurate and up-to-date at all times to enable colleagues to be able to see the progress of support tickets.
- Ensure that all time spent handling cases is recorded appropriately.
- Ensure that all responses to cases are succinct, address the brief, are legally accurate, well presented and pragmatic.
- To liaise with clients as necessary.
- To undertake own Support caseload or QAing as necessary.
- To manage all those engaged to deliver services within the Support teams within DPP’s employment framework including monitoring and feeding back on individual performance and encouraging the development of the skills, competencies and knowledge and where appropriate and necessary arrangements for and/or provide training and development opportunities.
- To ensure that all those engaged to deliver Support Services have adequate training at intervals to
- Enable them to fulfil their duties and tasks with the necessary care, diligence and accuracy.
- Enhance their learning and skills in the understanding and application of Data Protection law.
- Must have Data Protection & Subject access requests, and FOI experience.
How do I apply?
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, reach out to one of the team or email [email protected].
If you are on the lookout for a new opportunity but this role doesn’t quite match what you’re after, why not sign up to the Data Protection Made Easy community and keep up to date, with updates, news and job opportunities from the world of Data Protection? Reach out to one of the team or email [email protected].