Business Development Manager – Channel & Partnership
As a Business Development Manager (Channel) at Data Protection People Limited (DPP), you’ll be joining one of the UK’s leading data protection and information security consulting practices. DPP is known for providing assurance and assessment services in the fields of privacy and data protection law and cyber security. We help companies benchmark themselves against standards such as PCI DSS, ISO27001 and the NIST framework and laws such as the GDPR. Additionally, DPP has been a QSA Company for the PCI DSS since 2018, which showcases our expertise and credibility in the industry.
Our head office is based in Leeds and we have customers all over the UK and some overseas in a range of sectors. You will be joining a team of around 35 people, all of whom are passionate about delivering our mission of making data protection and cyber security easy to understand and implement. Our mantra is “benchmark, improve, maintain”, and as a member of our team, you’ll be expected to live and breathe this.
As a Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for growing the business we generate from partners and resellers of our services through proactive and reactive business development activities. This will include generating new business leads, managing sales opportunities, and building relationships with prospects. You’ll be expected to achieve monthly and quarterly sales targets, and will be trained and trusted to successfully find, work, and close opportunities.
One of the benefits of working at DPP is that you’ll be part of one of the biggest data protection communities in the country. Our team includes experts in the field who are well-connected and respected within the industry. As a Business Development Manager, you’ll have the opportunity to tap into this network and learn from some of the best in the business. Additionally, you’ll have the opportunity to work closely with marketing to design campaigns and plan events that attract potential partners to collaborate with.
Key functions of the role include:
- Generating new business leads and managing sales opportunities and relationships with prospects through building and managing a sales pipeline
- Achieving monthly and quarterly sales targets
- Arranging and attending meetings with clients to discuss their requirements and/or to develop and cement relationships
- Researching existing and new markets to identify potential target customers
- Building and maintaining strong, long-lasting customer relationships
- Working to weekly and monthly sales targets and KPI’s as set by the line manager
- Updating the CRM and inputting information on existing customers, new prospects, and business opportunities
- Following up with old clients and cross-selling new services into the existing client base
- To promptly follow up on customer queries, requirements or actions.
- To provide a smooth handover of closed business to the delivery team
- Attending industry events in order to generate business leads.
- Attending meetings with potential customers and closing sales.
- To plan and utilize time efficiently and effectively.
- To positively contribute to the development of the company and its services.
The successful candidate for this role will have experience and a track record of selling consultancy/professional services relating to the GDPR, PCI DSS, ISO 27001 and other similar standards and frameworks. They will have the ability to communicate, present, and influence all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated with a strong desire to succeed and be willing to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
In terms of compensation and remuneration, DPP offers a highly competitive salary set according to experience, a generous commission structure, a pension scheme, 23 days annual leave with accrual 1 day a year till the length of service accrual, flexible working (remote working where approved), free parking at our Leeds office, and on-going investment in your training and development. We also have employee social events, which is a great opportunity to bond with your colleagues and build stronger relationships within the company.
Working for DPP is an excellent opportunity for those who want to take their career to the next level. You’ll be joining a team of experts who are passionate about data protection and cyber security, and you’ll have the opportunity to learn from some of the best in the business. Additionally, you’ll be working with a wide range of clients in different sectors, which will give you a diverse range of experience and exposure.
In summary, the Business Development Manager (Channel) role at DPP is an excellent opportunity for those who want to grow their career in the field of data protection and cyber security. You’ll be joining a leading UK consulting practice, working with a team of experts, and have the opportunity to earn a highly competitive salary and commission. Apply today if you have a track record of success in selling professional services in the field and want to take your career to the next level.
If you feel your skill and experience align with this opportunity, please submit your CV to [email protected] and use the reference #CPM22