Job Title: Cyber Security Consultant
Salary: £40K – £70K (DOE)
Job Purpose: The primary purpose of the role is to undertake assignments for DPP’s cyber security practice.
Reporting to: Operations Director
• Undertake consulting work as required.
• Develop cyber security products and services and associated delivery methodologies as necessary.
• Contribute to sales and marketing activities to promote cyber products/services as required.
Topical areas currently provided:
• PCI DSS QSA services and other support services including assisted SAQ, prioritized approach etc.
• ISO27001 preparation, remediation, and stage 1 audit
• Cyber Essentials +
• Network and Information Systems Regulations
• Cyber Maturity Assessment
1. Undertake consulting work as required.
• Assist as required in the scoping of work and the planning of its delivery.
• Undertake client work as required in all topical areas in accordance with DPP work methods.
• Manage your own diary and workload; attend various client sites as required as well as working remotely and from home;
• Write up notes, opinions, reports and other documents as required to fulfil DPP obligations and satisfy client needs;
• Work with colleagues where necessary and ensure that products and services are delivered to a high and consistent standard.
2. Develop cyber security products and services and delivery methodologies
• Discuss any improvements in process and delivery methods with the Operations Manager as identified and work with the business to develop and implement delivery methodologies and process improvements that ensure a high level and consistent approach is taken by delivery staff for all products and services.
3. Contribute to sales and marketing activities to promote cyber products/services
• In consultation with colleagues attend client presentations as necessary to support the activities of the business development team;
• Attend presentations, conferences and exhibitions etc. as required.
4. Ensure the continued professional development of self and for continued awareness of developments in relevant fields.
• Keep management abreast of the performance of the consulting team as well as any issues, challenges, highlights etc.
• Participate in activities to develop the company such as management planning and to positively contribute to the development of the company and its services.
• Successfully join the company and settle into a new role.
• Review product portfolio and delivery methodologies and prepare a report on findings including a SWOT analysis.
• Review and suggest modifications to existing work practices, work methods, and work systems to ensure efficiency, effectiveness and management control.
• Undertake client work.
Candidates should have a thorough understanding of the PCI DSS, ISO27001, and other cyber security standards and their application in a range of organisational settings. Candidates must be able to investigate, examine, and critically analyse information security and cyber-related activities and relevant business processes and test what they find against regulatory and statutory obligations. Candidates must be confident presenters, articulate and able to explain complex scenarios in easy to understand terms. Candidates must be prepared to travel across the United Kingdom.
If you are interested in this opportunity send your CV over to I[email protected] or reach out to one of the team.