Job Opportunity: Data Protection Support Desk Consultant
Data Protection People are on the lookout for a new member to join our brilliant support desk team. DPP are one of the UK’s leading Data Protection Consultancies with hundreds of clients in a wide range of sectors. This is the perfect opportunity for someone who has a few years of experience or is looking to get their foot in the door and break into the industry. Organisations are taking Data Protection and Cyber Security far more seriously in 2022 with new threats and emerging technologies, the role of Data Protection Support Consultant is invaluable.
Salary ranging from £20K to £25K
Personal Development Training + Free Parking + 31 Days Holiday (including Bank Holidays)
Full-time contract – 37hrs – Monday to Friday
This role is based in our head office just outside of Leeds City Centre.
Who will you report to?
You will be reporting to your team leader Zara Turner, who is a perfect example of what is capable when working on our support desk, Zara Joined Data Protection People just under two years ago, she moved from sales into operations and soon settled in the support desk, a year later Zara now heads up the support desk and manages a team of 3 consultants. Zara is currently completing a qualification in Data Protection Management which is done during working hours.
What will you be expected to do?
The support desk is fast-paced and no day will look the same, some of your responsibilities will include:
Handling Support Tickets
- Logging, support tickets raised through email, web forms and telephone.
- Reviewing support tickets as required and summarising the work required to complete support requests.
- Undertaking research and/or other tasks as required to assist in the investigation of support requests.
- Summarising research findings and applying them to support requests.
- Preparing responses to support requests as required.
- Reviewing, critically analysing, and marking up/commenting on responses prepared by others.
- Working on project work
- Must have Data Protection experience and prefer law graduate.
Support desk admin
- Assisting with the administration on the Support desk including for example:
- Generating usage reports,
- Setting up jobs,
- Updating job/task whiteboards.
- Reviewing resource library, managing content, producing templates when required
- Booking meetings, controlling diaries, taking messages etc.
- Maintenance of the support desk knowledge base and resources library
What skills do you need?
- Detail Focused
- This role requires someone to have a keen eye for detail.
- Good Communicator
- This is a client-facing role, you may need to attend face-to-face meetings or arrange phone calls to resolve various challenges.
- Team Player
- You will be part of a 5 man team at the heart of our business, it is crucial that our support desk team work together and delegate tasks between themselves to assure our clients get the top level of service.
- Detail Focused
What are the benefits of working for DPP
Working here will give you exposure to every kind of Data Protection challenge imaginable, you will be supported by our brilliant team and provided with the top level of Data Protection training that sets you up for an impactful career in Data Protection.
How do I apply?
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, reach out to one of the team or email [email protected]
If you are on the lookout for a new opportunity but this role doesn’t quite match what you’re after, why not sign up to the Data Protection Made Easy community and keep up to date, with updates, news and job opportunities from the world of Data Protection? Reach out to one of the team or email [email protected].